About Us



Art is one of those things that you can either be a viewer or a creator of masterpieces. We are a husband and wife team in the greater Seattle area that has made it our pursuit to become creators of masterpieces.

We met each other in college where we quickly became best friends and soon we took the next step into marriage on May 17, 2003, which was the inspiration for our studio name. Next to a strong relationship with each other and a strong faith in God, we make capturing special moments on film a high priority. Whether it is a day at the zoo or a special event, it seems like our cameras are always on and pointing towards the occasion. As a team, we bring this same excitement with us to capture your special moments. We know what it means to have an artistic record of your life to view year after year.

It is amazing how you can start down one road and find yourself somewhere you didn’t think or plan to end up. This is how Studio 517 was formed. With love for art and care for our clients, our goal is to provide you with a personalized and professional service that matches your individual style.


Andy
It is funny how passions change and how hobbies can become a life pursuit. I have always had a passion for art, but it was always more of a hobby for me. My choice of art was free hand drawing until 2003 when I received my first digital camera. It didn’t take long before I found my artistic passion changing from drawing to digital photography.

Now I enjoy life looking through the lens of a camera. Because of this I am able to capture the moments that only happen for a second. Whether I am photographing a special event such as a wedding or documenting a mile marker for your family, I am always waiting for the natural candid smile that makes every picture unique.

My personal goal is to make your photography session and special day comfortable and relaxed for you. I shoot in a non-intrusive portrait journalistic style giving you space to be yourself as well as working along side you to create a masterpiece that you can be proud of and enjoy for many years to come.


Laura
I always wanted a career in art and design and for several years, I pursued the field of Graphic Design. However when I was introduced to Digital Media, I quickly discovered my true passion. I changed my major and then graduated with a BFA in Digital Media Production from the International Academy of Design and Technology.

I really love what we do because I love people! I enjoy getting to know you and helping capture your special moments on film. I try to put myself in your shoes and think of what I would want captured—the emotion, the happiness, the memories—all of what makes a photo or video truly beautiful.

One of my favorite parts of production takes place after the shoot is over. I delight in the “behind-the-scenes” work such as experimenting with new photo editing techniques, creating a new animated menu or piecing together a highlight video. My rule is if I get teary-eyed, then I've got it right.